A lot of different cultures enjoy walnuts and you can find them in food dishes throughout the world. Walnuts are known to symbolize things such as strength, fertility, and wisdom.
While it might sound crazy trying to find symbolism in a walnut, people have been doing this for centuries. Finding the symbolism behind everyday things makes it easier for us to understand the world around us and understand what the universe is trying to tell us.
The walnut has a tough outer shell which makes it the perfect symbol of strength and masculine energy.
The hard outer shell of the walnut is the perfect example of strength and has a certain masculine energy to it. Then you have the nut on the inside which can represent many things such as our inner emotions, inner softness, and the hidden sides of our persona.
Breaking a nut can also represent us coming out of our shells, so to speak. If you have been encountering a lot of walnut trees or imagery in your everyday life this could mean that you need to draw on your strength and break through that shell of your own.
The walnut has been a sign of fertility since ancient times, and with good reason. They actually are packed full of omega 3 fats and vitamin e which are both excellent in aiding fertility.
People in ancient times did not know what we know now but they weren’t far from the truth. Their belief that walnuts aided with fertility came from the walnut representing a strong seed in males.
It was believed that women who wanted to bear strong children would need to eat many walnuts.
Funnily enough, it actually did aid with fertility and women started to get pregnant, so this was believed widely throughout ancient Europe.
If you are someone who is trying to conceive then adding walnuts into your diet is a good first step. It is also said that meditating near a walnut tree draws upon old energy and beliefs from the universe to help aid you.
If you have been seeing a lot of walnut trees or symbols in your everyday life it could also be a sign from the universe that you will bear a child soon, or possibly that someone in your family might get pregnant.
There is a belief that walnuts represent wisdom and intelligence because of the way the nut itself looks. If you look at a walnut closely it almost looks like a human brain.
We now know that walnuts are vital to not only brain health but the overall human body.
They are full of omega 3 fatty acids and DHA which really help cognition and even healthy development of the brain in fetuses.
This was something that people back in ancient times did not know, but once again were not too far off with their beliefs.
If you have been seeing plenty of walnut imagery it could be a sign from the universe that you need to put your knowledge and skills to proper use. It can be a sign that maybe you are doubting yourself and your own abilities.
- Native Americans believe that a walnut can tell you your future. If you wish to know whether something will work out for you simply hold a walnut and ask it a question. If you break the nut open and it is a healthy nut then the answer is yes, if you break it open and it is rotten then the answer is no.
- In Ancient Europe, it was believed that falling asleep under a walnut tree will lure in nymphs to curse young men and cause evil things to happen to their families.
- The Celts believed that planting a walnut tree in your yard would bring fertility and new life to those who lived in the house.
Dream meanings are very subjective. To find the right meaning for you, it’s important to meditate and journal. Below are some potential interpretations that may or may not be right for you:
- To dream of holding a bunch of walnuts can denote that you will enter a period of time in your life where you will experience immense joy and that the universe will be working in your favor.
- To dream that you crack open a rotten walnut can mean that the expectations you have at the moment are too high and won’t come to fruition. It is a sign that you should re-evaluate your plans and expectations. Take a step back and don’t let your dreamer personality get the better of you.
- For a person to dream of staining her hands with walnuts can mean that she does not trust her partner.
- For a woman to dream about collecting walnuts from a tree can mean that she may become pregnant soon.
- To dream of cooking with walnuts can mean that your hard work may pay off very soon. This could be a sign that the universe has seen how hard you have been working and want to reward you for all your efforts.
Walnuts are one of the most popular nuts on the planet. They are used in many different foods and cuisines from all over the world. They have been popular for many centuries and will continue to be popular.
They are a great addition to any diet and are considered a superfood. Their symbolism mostly stems from the way that they look. Strength comes from the fact that they have a hard outer shell, fertility because of the representation of the seed in males, and wisdom because they look exactly like the human brain.
If you wish to work on inner strength, meditating underneath a walnut tree is the perfect exercise for you. If you wish to enhance your fertility, you should consider adding walnuts to your diet. If you wish to expand your wisdom you should also add walnuts to your diet.
I’m Chris and I run this website – a resource about symbolism, metaphors, idioms, and a whole lot more! Thanks for dropping by.