A blood moon is quite a rare occurrence, and it is a magnificent sight to behold. A blood moon can symbolize significant things such as exploration, destruction, and rebirth.
People are torn as to whether a blood moon is a good thing or a bad thing, and it is probably best for each person to make their own judgments. And this is precisely the point. A blood moon forces you to look deeply within and make up your own minds about your troubles and struggles.
Remember that symbolism is subjective. The below are examples of possible interpretations only, and may not be the correct interpretations for you and your situation.
When a blood moon occurs, it is a time of reflection, the moon forces people to look into themselves, to explore their past actions and parts of their character they have been avoiding.
That is why a blood moon represents exploration.
While I’m sure all of us wanted this to be about exploring new places, it is not. The blood moon forces us to explore our souls and all the dark parts we may be trying to avoid. It is not a pleasant experience, to say the least, but it is absolutely necessary for our growth.
By being forced to reflect on the parts of yourself that you may not like, you are given an opportunity to recognize them in order to grow and change. It is hard to deal with the demons within oneself, meditation during a blood moon is one way to deal with these inner thoughts and criticisms in a positive way.
A blood moon is linked to the ‘tower’ and ‘death’ card in the tarot. These cards represent getting rid of the old and starting again new.
This is why the blood moon has a strong connection to destruction.
This can be a time of inner reflection, with this reflection comes a time of destruction. You might feel strongly regretful about things you’ve done in your past, or parts of your character that don’t line up with who you want to be.
This will be a time where you want to change aspects of yourself to align with your plans for the future.
It can be a turbulent time of destruction and change within yourself, it is important to remember that self-forgiveness can ease your thoughts and the transition to the new you.
The blood moon has you explore your inner thoughts and feelings, remove those parts of yourself that you don’t like, and helps you begin your new chapter.
When people think of spiritual rebirth they think that it is something that goes smoothly and is effortless, this couldn’t be further from the truth. The blood moon forces us to reflect on the worst parts of ourselves which is not comfortable or easy at all.
The most important thing to remember is that this is only temporary. This will only last as long as the blood moon, so not very long at all.
There are ways to make a spiritual rebirth easier with things such as meditation, relaxation baths, or anything else that you enjoy.
Don’t forget that as hard and uncomfortable these truths are to face, at the end of the day, you will only come out of this a much better version of yourself.
Dreaming of a blood moon has several subjective interpretations. It’s hard to know exactly what a red moon dream means for you. Below are some possible interpretations that may or may not be right for your situation:
- To dream of a blood moon denotes that either a relationship that has been causing you to stress or some other stress-related problem will come to an end. Now is a good time to re-evaluate the relationships in your life.
- To see a gigantic blood moon looming over you denotes that you will have to confront something head-on that has been scaring you lately. Whether a conversation with your boss, an exam you need to take, or some sort of confrontation you have been putting off.
- To dream of two blood moons in the night sky denotes that you will have a confrontation with your partner in the upcoming weeks. It will most likely be about something that both of you have been putting off for a long time.
- To dream of a blood moon and the sun in the sky at the same time denotes that you will possibly come into financial trouble if you are not careful with your spending. Now is not the time to be making big financial decisions, you should wait for a while and make a solid plan.
- To dream of a blood moon with clouds surrounding it denotes that a problem from your past will come back to haunt you. Usually tied to an ex-lover or friend you have cut out of your life, now would be a wise time to lay low and avoid social situations.
- To dream of holding a blood moon in your hands denotes that you are about to take control of a stressful situation you have been worrying about. Now is the time to sit down and make solid plans on how to get control of whatever has been stressing you out.
- Moon Symbolism
- Orange Moon Symbolism
- Morning Star Symbolism
- What do Stars Symbolize?
- Sunrise Symbolism
- Yellow Moon Symbolism
- Shooting Star Symbolism
A blood moon is a rare occurrence but is something that every single one of us will see in our lifetimes. Blood moon symbolism and folklore can be found in almost every culture around the world. You can even find scripture about blood moons in the bible.
People are quite divided with whether a blood moon is a good or bad omen. They are actually the perfect representation of both. They bring about painful spiritual awakening, which can be quite difficult for most people.
It is important for us to remember that while spiritual rebirth is a painful thing to experience, it is only part of our learning and growing process. After blood moon, life returns back to normal and we are only an improved version of our old selves.
As humans, we will go through many spiritual rebirths in our lifetime. They are absolutely necessary when it comes to growing and maturing as humans. During these times it is important to find things you enjoy doing to make it just a little bit easier.
I’m Chris and I run this website – a resource about symbolism, metaphors, idioms, and a whole lot more! Thanks for dropping by.