Leo moon is most compatible with the other two fire signs, which are Aries and Sagittarius. They also have a great relationship with Gemini and Libra natives.
Leo moon natives tend to fill up the room when they enter, so they need a partner who is willing to provide them all the attention they require. From this point of view, Libra is willing to sacrifice its own needs for the sake of Leo’s shine without many regrets.
On the other hand, Gemini doesn’t care if Leo gets all the attention. Aries and Sagittarius share the same fierce temperaments with Leo, so the relationships are fun and joyful.
A Leo moon is least compatible with Capricorns, Virgos and Taurus. Troubled relationships happen also when they match with Pisces and Scorpio. Pisces people, even if they are willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of a loved one, risks to get drained out by the self-centered Leo. Scorpio tends to be controlling, whereas earth signs usually lack the sense of humour Leo needs in their life.
Note that the below are stereotypes only – people often don’t fit the perfect stereotype of their moon sign, so talk to an astrologer for a more accurate reading of your chart compatibility. Furthermore, everyone is a unique individual who could match with anyone with enough love and commitment.
Since the Sun rules Leo, the emotions and inner existence of the Leo moon person are also governed by the Sun.
For this reason, it draws power and brilliance from the bond between the Sun and Moon, making their emotional life bright and alive.Their personality is strong, fearless, and captivating.They glow when being among groups and, also, enjoy getting the attention they receive. They are spectacular people and have high levels of love for life.
A Leo Moon is destined to work in a field that involves creativity, so it is only natural for them to find a job which suits their great talents. They seek a lot of attention and validation from other people to feel utmost confidence. Theatrical tendencies are also characteristics of tis moon sign and are usually channelledby their creative self-expression. They are very passionate and romantic people who love to the full.
Related Article: 10 Mercury in Leo Man Traits
Leo moon natives are most compatible with Aries and Sagittarius because they share the same levels of energy.
This trio is adventurous, passionate, instinctive, and optimistic. Leo teaches them how to have and enjoy life, whereas the native learns from Aries how to be strong and always first. Sagittarius teaches the solar sign the power of optimism and faith in a higher power.
Leo moon people go along great with Gemini and Libra natives, as well. Gemini is humorous as Leo can be and the moon in Leo enjoys spending time with the witty twins. Libra is charmed by the charisma and magnetism of this fixed sign and Leo appreciates the glamour and diplomacy of Libra.
Leo moon people don’t do well with earth signs and water signs.
Pisces people are kind, and empathetic, but also highly sensitive and emotional. Leo is full of life and tends to get bored easily around the melancholic temperament of the Pisces native.
With Scorpio, Leo dislikes the need of this sign to control everything and the tendency to be suspicious and sometimes paranoid.
When it comes to earth signs, Leo moon feels they lack passion for life and that they have no idea how to have fun and enjoy life. For the solar moon, Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus appear as sober and lacking a sense of humour.
Leo Moon Compatibility Reading (With Every Moon Sign)
Note that these astrology compatibility readings aren’t perfectly accurate – even if your moon and sun signs don’t match, other elements on your chart may counterbalance this. Similarly, not everyone perfectly matches their zodiac traits, so relationships of all kinds can work out with hard work and commitment!
- Aries Moon:This is a great compatibility. The Aries moon person loves the charming, and charismatic Leo moon energy. The Leo moon person is in love with the Aries person’s independence. Aries loves being noticed and Leo desires to be the center of attention. Because they have very similar needs, this relationship promises to be long-lasting.
- Taurus Moon:Taurus moon moves steady and tactical, whereas Leo moon is dramatic and sometimes impulsive. Both are fixed signs and seek predictability, but Taurus lacks the enthusiasm Leo is looking for. This relationship can work well is both are willing to compromise for the sake of the reciprocal innate loyalty between them.
- Gemini Moon:This pair goes a long way together. Both enjoy having fun and have a great sense of humour. The humour and spontaneity of the air sign can easily diffuse stressful circumstances. Leo brings warmth in the relationship with this mutable air and cold air sign. This kind of friendship can be wonderful, especially between friends.
- Cancer Moon:This partnership might succeed if both these moon signs can express their wants in a resourceful way. The Cancer moon person seeks a companion who is devoted and sensitive to their feelings. On the other hand,even though Leo moons are very compassionate beings, they have a propensity to get egocentric. If the Leo moon person learns to validate Cancer moon’s needs, they can enjoy together a pretty warm relationship.
- Leo Moon:This combination seems like an acting scene. Both are dramatic, crave attention and are veery loving people. Sometimes, jealously might arise between two moons even they believe one receives more attention than the other. Nevertheless, they are the playground of the zodiac and can enjoy a great and loving relationship together.
- Virgo Moon:When it comes to expressing their emotions, the Leo moon person is passionate and occasionally dramatic. The Virgo moon person is more restrained in how they show their feelings and could be easily frustrated by the theatrical Leo moon. On the other hand, the critical Virgo moon restrains the ferocious Leo moon from going too far. This is not an easy relationship.
- Libra Moon:Both moon signs are loving and caring. However, Leo seeks a lot of attention and tends to ignore the Libra moon person’s needs. Moreover, Libra tends to make a lot of compromise to keep the peace within the relationship. If they can find a balance regarding each one’s needs, this relationship can be long term.
- Scorpio Moon:The Leo moon person shall frequently feel that the Scorpio moon person is trying to dominate their will and even manipulate them. The Scorpio moon person shall suspect the Leo moon person as being too self-centred, childish, and unable to dive too deep, emotionally speaking. This relationship needs a lot of effort and, therefore, it is not recommended without other positive aspects.
- Sagittarius Moon:This is a fantastic and joyful relationship. It is based on playfulness, creativity, and passion. Both moon signs enjoy their freedom, as well ascreative activities which keep their inner fire lite up. Even if both moon signs are very egotistical, with good communication they can get a long way together.
- Capricorn Moon:For the serious Capricorn moon person the Leo moon person seems impulsive and childish. On the other hand, Leo moon requires a lot of attention, which the Capricorn moon person is typically willing to give to achieve long-term professional objectives. It might be quite tough to maintain this relationship for the long run.
- Aquarius Moon:The joy of the Leo moon sometimes might be inhibited by the aloof Aquarius moon person. On the other hand, the Aquarius person might consider Leo often too much. Both have a lot to learn from each other to balance their own emotional needs. If they are willing to put in the work, this relationship can be fruitful for their self-development.
- Pisces Moon:This is one of the worst possible combinations. Leo moon can be a real drama queen, whereas Pisces is highly sensitive and may feel overwhelmed by the attention seeking Leo. For Leo, Pisces’ melancholy is perceived as sadness and affects their mood in a bad way. This relationship is not recommended.
Leo moons are most compatible with fire sun signs, but also with two air sun signs, which are Gemini Sun and Libra Sun.
If a relationship between a Leo moon and an Aries sun would be a person itself, their personality would be active, independent, courageous, charismatic, assertive, and passionate. With Sagittarius sun, the Leo moon is enthusiastic and invited to discover new playgrounds and movie scenes of their story.
Leo moons are least compatible with Pisces and Scorpio suns, but also with earth sign suns.
Pisces sun, even if it speaks of the ego of the native, is not very strong and is easily bruised by the jokes of the Leo moon. A Scorpio sun can become domineeringand might intentionally ignore the need for freedom of the Leo moon person.
Difficult relationships happen also with earth signs because they have more grounded temperaments which don’t manage well the high energy of the Leo moon person.
People born with their moon in the sign in Leo are courageous, creative, charismatic, and charming. They love life to the full and feel their emotions with impressive intensity. For this reason, they often act dramatic and many of them even pursue acting careers and are very successful. Their strong temperaments match well with other fire signs, such as Aries and Sagittarius, because they all share the same level of energy and fierce nature. Air sign relationships are also supportive for this moon sign because they are detached and able to provide a scene for the theatrical Leo moon without taking things personal.
I’m Chris and I run this website – a resource about symbolism, metaphors, idioms, and a whole lot more! Thanks for dropping by.